Friday, November 4, 2011

"No matter how powerful, all curses can be broken."

It has been a busy couple of weeks, but I have finally caught up on all of my television shows. I have to say, I do not think I am watching as much this season as previously. Even though I have tried more new shows than usual, I am just being pickier about the shows I watch now.

One show that I am still enjoying is The Walking Dead. The first three episodes have been as fantastic and as disgusting as ever. I watched the first season, which was only six episodes, shortly after they aired on AMC last fall. While I am normally not a zombie person, I actually really enjoyed it. It is definitely different than anything else on televsion and the writing is really good. This second season has been just as good as the first, so far. I can deal with the gore because the storylines and acting are SO GOOD. Although, I really did not need the scene in the premiere where they cut the stomach out of a dead zombie. It almost made me vomit.

I have not figured out yet whether or not I like Once Upon A Time. I think that the plot of the show is interesting and I have no problem with the acting, I just think the dialogue is a little cheesy. I realize that fairytale dialogue usually is cheesy, but you would think they could upgrade it a little for the show. I will give it another episode or so before I make a final decision. Grimm, on the other hand, is not making the list. I watched the first episode and, while I thought it was an interesting concept, I just did not really like the show.

Another show that is definitely not making the list is American Horror Story. I have now watched the first four episodes and I will not be watching anymore. I really wanted to like it, but it is just too weird for me. I do not even think it is scary, just weird. I am also giving up on Revenge. I do not really understand why all the critics are so obsessed with it. I find the "Count of Monte Cristo" theme to be interesting, but I just cannot get into this show. I do not think the acting is very good and each episode gets worse and worse. Luckily, Top Chef: Texas has just started so that will fill my Wednesdays at 10pm time slot :o)

Premiere dates for the mid-season television shows are starting to get announced, so I will be updating my list as they become available. I have checked out a fair number of new shows this year, but are there any that I missed that you think I should be watching? Please let me know!

xoxo
c
-----------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment