Monday, July 11, 2011

Nick: My boss, who we're planning to kill, is dying in front of you and you save his life?!

Dale: Well that sounds bad when you say it like that.
-------------------------------------

I thought that Horrible Bosses was really funny. It is getting good reviews, but I still was not sure that I would like it. I do not know how I would describe my sense of humor, but I do not always agree with the mainstream about what is funny. Regardless, I thought this movie was great.

I have said this before and I will say it again, Charlie Day is hilarious. I love him on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I loved him in Going the Distance and I love him in this movie. His characters' personalities do not really vary all that much from role to role, but they are always funny. I also think that Day, Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis together are a great combination. They seem to play off each other really well and they are all just naturally funny actors.

Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Spacey were also fantastic as the "horrible bosses." Spacey is just all-around a great actor, so this was not a surprise from him. I also think that Aniston is a great actress, she has just picked some bad movies since being on Friends, so it is nice to see her back in a good role. Colin Farrell was fine but not quite as entertaining as the other two. And, while I thought that Jamie Foxx was very funny, I did not think that his character was entirely necessary to the plot of the film. As you can see from the clip below, the advice that he gives to the guys is probably something they could have figured out on their own.

Until seeing the credits, I did not realize that John Francis Daley was one of the writers. He was on the show Kitchen Confidential as Jim and currently plays Dr. Sweets on Bones. He also makes a small cameo in the film as one of Jason Bateman's co-workers. He is a great actor and, apparently, also a great writer.
 

While I would not compare this movie to Office Space, I would say that it has that same, "I hate my job and I am not going to take it anymore," feel to it, which I quite enjoy. I would not recommend killing your boss if you are unhappy at your job, but this might help people figure out that being happy at your job is often key to being happy in your life. And even if you enjoy your job, this is a funny movie that is definitely worth checking out.

xoxo
c
-----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment